Re: NM Queue: Policy Discussion

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 01:34:42PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> .... Additionally, clear rules and transparent procedures tend to be
> best applied to computers, not humans. We have judgement, some of us even
> have good judgement, it would be a huge mistake to disallow use of it.

Depends on the humans. For a collection of random humans, I think it's best
if the intelligent (and somewhat benevolent) ones make the rules, so that
it is worthwhile co-existing with the stupid ones.
[EG: you need SOME kind of limiting factor to the stupidity!]

But I conceed the point that debian is not a "collection of random humans"
:-)