Re: Developer Behavior

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 06:42:08PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 10:13:36PM +0100, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> > Why don't you just learn how to use procmail and stop whining on-list
> > each time you get a CC?
>
> Because quite often really important mails get deliberately cc'ed, and
> it's less good to lose them.

You understand that this procmail recipe deals with _duplicate_ mails,
do you? It it not meant to dump important messages. Or maybe I fail to
understand your objection...

> > from "man procmailex":
> > :0 Wh: msgid.lock
> > | formail -D 8192 msgid.cache
>
> Also, this script will tend to put cc'ed list mails in your inbox and not
> in your list folder, exactly the opposite of what's desired.

What makes you think that? Again the recipe has nothing to do with your
filtering system. It's up to you to pre-filter mails (to|cc):you before
entering the mailing-list filtering recipie. Then again, if you're not
interested in CCs why pre-filter them at all?

--
 THERAMENE: J'arrive, je l'appelle, et me tendant la main,
            Il ouvre un oeil mourant qu'il referme soudain.