ITP: mtd-tools

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

The MTD (memory technology device) distribution includes kernel
modules and utilities for using flash memory and other assorted
memory-like devices.  Since the MTD drivers are included in the
2.4 kernel source, I'm mainly going to focus on the utilities.
Includes:
  doc_loadbiod
  erase
  eraseall
  ftl_check
  ftl_format
  jffs-dump
  mkfs.jffs
  nanddump
  nandtest
  nandwrite
  nftl_format
  nftl_dump

Upstream maintainer is David Woodhouse <dwmw@infradead.org>.
License is GPL.

I searched around for some package that already contains these
tools, but couldn't find one.  Let me know if there's a conflict.

Source: mtd
Maintainer: David Schleef <ds@schleef.org>
Standards-Version: 3.0.1

Package: mtd-utils
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
 Utilities for manipulating memory technology devices, such as
 flash memory.

dave...