Re: Solving the compression dilema when rsync-ing Debian versions

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 08:13:24AM +1100, Daniel Stone <daniel@kabuki.eyep.net> spake forth:
> Um, guys, did any of you know that Paul Rusty Russell is making gzip and
> rsync work together, with the grand plan of integrating this gzip'ed rsync
> into apt?
> 'Nuff said.
> rusty@linuxcare.com if you wish to talk to him.

Whatever would give you the idea that we were aware of this? A quick
search through the archives would reveal that this subject has never
come up on this list and this solution was never discussed, especially
within say, the last week or two...

</sarcasm>

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
GPG: 0x3B047084 7FC7 0DC0 EF31 DF83 7313  FE2B 77A8 F36A 3B04 7084

Lots of people drink from the wrong bottle sometimes.
- Edith Keeler, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate unknown