Re: transition from suidmanager to dpkg-statoverride

  Following the discussion,

  I'm not sure I understood everything so one question:
    I'm building a package that embeds a suid file. This file needs to
    have 6755 permissions and belongs to the foo.foo . However, the Policy
    mentions that executables must be 4755 (suid). Do I have to:
    - fix the permissions to 4755 at build time
    - use dpkg-statoverride --add foo foo 6755 file in the postinst
    - use dpkg-statoverride --remove file in the postrm

  Thanks.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>

http://jerome.marant.free.fr