Re: lintian warning: shlib-with-non-pic-code
- To: Brian May <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: lintian warning: shlib-with-non-pic-code
- From: Olaf Meeuwissen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 11 Jan 2001 15:13:25 +0900
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: Brian May's message of "20 Dec 2000 14:51:03 +1100"
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20001219024554.B14617@lina.inka.de> <email@example.com> <20001219063654.A16808@lina.inka.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Brian May <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I have fixed the problem now.
> Now the shared library is linked with PIC code and the static library
> is too... While this is a libtool bug, I think this is better then the
> prior situation (of non-PIC code in both the shared libary and static
> lintian doesn't complain any more anyway.
Perhaps a tad late, but care to tell us _how_ you fixed it? Having the
same prob with a custom (re)rolled package myself. Doesn't seem to
wreck any havoc, but would like to get rid of the lintian message
Olaf Meeuwissen Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development