Re: PERL MAINTAINERS SUCK - COMPLETE MORONS

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 09:01:40AM -0500, Daniel Martin wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Well, if someone would like to configure the MTA that runs bugs.debian.org to
> > send CC's of all bug mail to another address, ...
>
> You mean something other than signing up for debian-bugs-dist and
> parsing the resulting traffic?
>
> I realize that debian-bugs-dist isn't the same as getting the _input_
> to the BTS, but if you want to maintain the same bug tracking numbers
> you'll want the BTS to process the mail first in any case.

I don't know whether keeping the bug numbers synchronized is feasible or not,
but I would probably try.  debian-bugs-dist doesn't seem to get copies of mail
sent to control@bugs, only the responses from the BTS.  I would rather have the
new system see every message that the BTS sees, and process everything for
itself.  That way, if it would ever replace the existing BTS, we could be sure
there were no dependencies on the old system.

--
 - mdz