Re: What is wrong with kde2.1 and unstable ?

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 03:27:18PM -0700, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 03:46:54PM +0100, Michael Meding wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > as of three days ago, every attempt to do a dist-upgrade tries to uninstall
> > almost every kde package. What is wrong there.
> >
> > Maybe the package maintainer knows ?
>
> no clue...I don't use apt to upgrade. :)  Your not alone tho, there is a
> existing bug report on this (#81365)...so any help you can give me to track
> down what's going on would be appreciated.  On all the boxes I have access
> to I use dselect to manage my package list so I do know that dselect can handle
> whatever is going on.
>
> Ivan

It has to do with the task packages.  if you remove the following:
 task-kdegames task-kdegraphics task-kdepim task-kdetoys task-kdeutils task-koffice
it upgrades just fine.  I'm not sure what exactly the depend on that cant be
installed, that blocks everything else, but at least its a start.