Re: DEBIAN IS LOOSING PACKAGES AND NOBODY CARES!!!

On Mon, Jan 01, 2001 at 01:05:17AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Happy new year from this side of the world,
>
> On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 01:06:18PM +0100, GBechly@gmx.de wrote:
> > Three packages (w3mir, webmin, and fancylogin) that were definitely
> > available in Debian main some time ago, and that are still present
> > in the BTS (all have outstanding bugs), COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED from
> > Debian.
>
> webmin:
> ] Subject: webmin_0.80-1_i386.changes REJECTED
> ]  Depends: perl5, debconf, libnet-ssleay-perl
> ]                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> ] libnet-ssleay-perl is in non-US, packages in main may not depend on
> ] packages outside of main.  This package belongs in either contrib or
> ] non-US/main.
>
> The other two were also deliberately removed, dunno why offhand.

Well there are always reasons for packages to been removed. I can only
answer for webmin. I uploaded the 0.80-1 version and it was placed in
main (it should be in non-US). But that is not the reason why it was
removed because I just had to upload a new version and ask somebody to
change the override file.

The reason is that Jaldhar is about adopt them (he have a better
packaging structure) and he is working on it. For more webmin status
see some other threads on this list. :)

To upload the new webmin packages the orginal webmin package had
to be removed so thats why. I think webmin is about to be released
soon, but he'll know better than I do.

// Ola

/  opal@debian.org                     Björnkärrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINKÖPING         |
|  +46 (0)13-17 69 83                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |