Re: Free replacement for shorten (lossless digital audio compressor)?

MoiN

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 08:50:22AM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> http://www.softsound.com/Shorten.html
>
> Does anyone know of a free replacement for the "shorten" tool, from SoftSound?
> It is used to compress/decompress digital audio to/from the "shn" format, a
> compressed audio format which gets about 2:1 lossless compression.  It is
> gaining popularity for lossless storage of CD audio data and the like.

Currently I am aware of two, namely kexis and flac, both still in
development. Look for them on sourceforge.net. If you're lucky
you might also find some sources for OggSquish.

    Ingo
--
"Disclosed Source" programs mean software for which the source code is
available without confidential or trade secret restrictions and for which