Re: finishing up the /usr/share/doc transition

     > Goswin Brederlow wrote:
    >> What is the reason for linking /usr/doc to /usr/hare/doc (or
    >> share/doc)?

     > So that packages that are not policy complient and contain
     > files only in /usr/doc still end up installing them in
     > /usr/share/doc.

So bugs won't be noticed. Maybe a simple grep in the Contents files
would be enough to find all such packages.
Does lintian check for /usr/[share/]doc?

/debian/dists/woody% zgrep "usr/doc" Contents-i386.gz \
  | while read FILE PACKAGE; do echo $PACKAGE; done | sort -u | wc
    748     748   12849

Seems to be a lot of packages still using /usr/doc.

    >> Maybe I have architecure dependent documentation that should
    >> not be in share.

     > Er. Well policy does not allow for this at all. If you do
     > actually have such a thing (it seems unlikely), perhaps you
     > should bring it up on the policy list and ask for a location to
     > put it.

I don't have any and I don't think anyone can make a good point for
any. What reason could there be that I can't read some i386 specific
dokumentation on an alpha and use that e.g. in plex or bochs?
Only exception would be documentation in an executable form, which is
a) evil and b) should be in /usr/bin.

MfG
        Goswin