Re: default mailbox for Netscape

On Mon, Jan 01, 2001 at 02:35:46PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > I am running exim for my local network and would like to be able to pop mail from the mail machine using netscape. What is the default ma
> ilbox netscape tries to open on the mail server?
>
> what the hell is this?
> a) it's simple, RTFM RTFM RTFM.

It's a fair question. For example, do some of the POP servers support
Maildir format? A mailbox could live in a couple of different places
on the server... /var/spool/mail, or in a user's home directory,
or maybe somewhere else entirely if root has configured it that way.

> b) the sender name?!?

The email address is valid (or at least there is an MX record for the
domain).

> c) wtf is this kinda crap doing on debian-devel? (hope I don't cause a loop
> here)

It belongs on debian-user.

Hamish