Re: ITP plex86, if it complies to DFSG

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
> The VGA BIOS from Elpin Systems, Inc. (http://www.elpin.com/)
> is now permanently licensed for use with plex86, courtesy
> of MandrakeSoft, creators of the leading "Linux-Mandrake"
> distribution (http://www.linux-mandrake.com/).  You may
> freely use/distribute it with plex86, as long as it is used
> in plex86 for the intended use as a VGA BIOS.

This has changed wording slightly since I wanted to package bochs.  I
don't remember if the previous discussion of this license (in the bochs
case) happened on -legal or IRC.  You may try a quick search.

The key sticking point was the "with plex86" in the second to
last line.  If the bios was a second package, one could argue that it
wasn't distributed with plex86.

There was some rummor about a free VGA bios, but I don't think anything
ever came about of that.

Andrew