Re: Improving install partitioning

Paul Slootman <paul@murphy.nl> writes:

> I've once hacked up a partitioning utility which you can tell
> "I want partitions of 16MB, 64MB (swap), 500MB, and the rest of free space".
> It did this non-interactively; [...]

If all you're looking for in non-interactive partitioning, have a look
at sfdisk.  You just feed it your desired partitioning through stdin.
Give the debian installer a few off the shelf partitioning schemes the
user can choose from or let her cook something up herself in guru
mode, feed it to sfdisk and you're done.

Hmm, don't know how flexible sfdisk is wrt relative partition sizes,
but I guess most of the shelf thingies can use absolute sizes anyway.

--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development