Re: Driver detection and loading

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000 19:56:24 +0100,
Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> said:

    > There are hardware autodetection packages out there. At
    > least Corel, Stromix and Progeny (chronological order :-))
    > have one. And they should be open source too.

At Progeny, we are committed to giving back to Debian everything
we've done. Right now, we are very short on time, but in a few
weeks, we should have enough free time to start packaging our
work for Debian proper. Some of our software, like discover (our
hardware autodetection tool), will probably require some small
infrastructure changes, but i'm sure there won't be any real
problems integrating them.

Even though i've been stuck in the NM queue for 6 months, i'm
sure one of my Official Debian Developer(tm) co-workers won't
mind sponsoring my packages :).

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@progeny.com
Software Developer