Re: MySQL + external locking ...

Hi,

This isn't a Debian issue but a quick fix it to put
enable-locking in /etc/mysql/my.cnf in place of
skip-locking.

MySQL disables locking by default on Linux systems due to
supposed problems with threads and locking.  However this
was a few years back and as far as I know, it hasn't been
tested since.  I use enable-locking here doing around 15
queries per second and it hasn't failed yet.

Shane