Re: checkergcc and other malloc debuggers on unstable: crashes

Yves Arrouye <yves@realnames.com> writes:

> I am trying to find a memory problem in some code, and neither dmalloc nor
> checkergcc will work on my unstable system (recent as of today). If I
> compile my libraries after including <dmalloc.h>, and then run a simple app
> after 'dmalloc medium', I get a segfault. I have similar problems with
> checkergcc. The sample program in checkergcc's doc runs like this:
>
> gabier% ./a.out
> >From Checker (pid:02679): (oos) out of system memory.
> Stack frames are:
> mmap at 0xa8000000 for 3 pages
> Internal error in Checker.  Abort.
> zsh: abort      ./a.out

Hmm.  I dunno.  Unfortunately I have no free time at all this
week, so I cannot track this bug down.  If you manage to fix it,
let me know and I'll incorporate the fix upstream.  Otherwise,
bug me again next week and I'll try to help.

Note that I am both Debian maintainer for Checker and an upstream
co-maintainer.

> Also, gdb is weird and stops in random places before main(), cannot reset
> breakpoints, etc...

Haven't seen those problems either.

> PS: I have anothe checkergcc question. How do I use checkerg++ with
> libraries that haven't been compiled w/ checkerg++?

Either you recompile those libraries with checkerg++ or you write
stubs for them.