RE: On Bugs

>> They are not, however, in my opinion, a good reason to pull console-apt
>> from the distribution.
>>

> The severity of a bug helps a maintainer consider what to fix and what not to
> fix.  If console-apt were a package fro outside debian, I would have submitted
> this bug as normal.  The maintainer would forward it upstream, and likely be
> ignored.  However, this is a Debian developer who has code that leaves out
> users and other developers.  We coders do not consider people with a handicap
> when we code very often.  For color blind people, console-apt is practically
> worthless, except for the fact that it lists packages and allows searching in a
> slightly better manner than dselect.

Most of these bugs are fixed or in the process of being fixed for 2.2r1.  On the issue of the color
blind thing, if someone would bother to email me and suggest a better method of displaying
package states that would make it easier for color blind people to use the program then I would
be quite content to implement such a system, but instead it seems you would rather complain that
it is useless for them.

On another note, the branch of capt in potato is no longer developed actively which is why the bugs
submitted take time to get fixed.  Almost every bug against the capt in potato is fixed, but the
cvs version is not done yet.  For example, in the cvs capt there are status indicator characters
like in dselect making it easier for color blind people to tell the state of packages.

I'm willing to fix this color blind bug, if someone makes a suggestion as to how it would best be
done, as I myself am not color blind.  The dependency bug is already fixed among others and will be
released as 0.7.7.2p1 any time now.

Regards,

Patrick