Re: Recent(and upcoming) Debbugs changes

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 11:19:10PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 11:14:10PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > > * Disabled a mmv command that was causing Debbugs to repeatedly send emails,
> > >   and create null, empty reports needlessly.
> > How to close these bugs ?
> They should have been cleaned out by now... if you report any still there,
> inform owner@bugs.debian.org, please.

Or, rather, all the really egregious instances have been done away with
(the ones where there was some lame error about "kill-init", and no actual
bug information).

If you have lots of merged bugs and they're annoying you, btw, you should
be able to view, eg,

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=gnome-terminal&repeatmerged=no

to get a less cluttered view. (Only the first merged report will be
listed, the others are available by clicking the "Merged with" links
or so).

All the duplicate bug reports with actual information are still around,
even if it's duplicated. Unfortunately the BTS backend database has scaled
really badly (think 60000 files in a single ext2fs directory), so doing
any sort of analysis is pretty painful. If the duplicate reports are a
problem for people, I can probably check for the same message-id on the
original report, and get rid of all but the last one, but I'd rather not
unless it's actually a bother for people.

You're welcome to close the bugs, or merge them, or whatever's appropriate,
of course.

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark