Re: Random Question... assembly lang. advice?

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 07:33:42PM -0500, John Travis wrote:
> I'm sorry for this and I will probably get flamed but all well.  I have a
> question I have been meaning to ask someone, and I thought "what better place
I'll answer the debian part of your question:

> P.S.  Is there anything a few apt-gets away for assembly development in
> Linux?  From what I understand the syntax varies widely from platform to
> platform but I might as well learn both, besides I hate rebooting to windows
> :-).

Yes.

gcc has a built-in assembler, 'as' (it's called gas sometimes).  You
can use it directly, or you can embed your assembly code inside a C
routine (a more common approach --- it lets you set up entry points
and symbolic names, etc.)

Check the gcc info pages or websites.

Jules