Re: Radical idea, test backwards compatibility instead of recompile

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 05:40:59PM -0400, Gregory Stark wrote:

> I think we've made a mistake. When glibc 2.1.94 was released and it broke
> several packages those packages rushed out recompiles against 2.1.94 and
> several other packages have been released since compiled against 2.1.94.

You people are missing one important bit of information. libc.so.6 is
perfectly backward compatible. That library never broke anything. It was
the db libraries. It does not matter if you start recompiling against the
new glibc, because you can no longer link against it's version of libdb.

Ben