Broadcasted packets appear in sending iface's input

I posted this a while back on -security and dismissed it when noone
had a real answer. Now I noticed it again...

If a packet is broadcasted to the subnet of any of my two interfaces,
(Samba does this) it appears once at the input of said interface.

According to what I've read broadcasts do include the originating host,
but the packet in question should only arrive at lo, never at an
external interface.

Has anyone got any ideas? This intrigues me...

Running Debian potato with a tiny handful of woody packages.

Thanks

Christian