Re: On Bugs

>>"Sean" == Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shaleh@valinux.com> writes:

 Sean> However I want a bug severity high enough that the maintainer
 Sean> takes the bug seriously.  A package with priority extra or
 Sean> optional should not be able to affect a release, grave bug or
 Sean> not.

	I find it very disturbing that a Debian developer thinks it is
 reasonable!!!  not to take a bug seriously unless the severity of the
 bug is ``high enough''.

	Perhaps this should be added to the NM process -- only let
 people into Debian who actually care about the quality of their
 packages and take all non-wishlist bugs very seriously?

	Seems to me what needs fixing is maintainer attitude, not the
 bug severity system.

	manoj
 shaken
--
 Being Ymor's right-hand man was like being gently flogged to death
 with scented bootlaces. Terry Pratchett, "The Colour of Magic"