ITP: ICU library

As soon as I regain my Debian developer status (identity checked, shouldn't
be long!) I'll package ICU, a C/C++ Unicode and internationalization library
open-sourced by IBM. I am a member of ICU's project management committe and
one of the upstream developers.

 Package: libicu1
 Version: 1.6-1
 Section: libs
  ICU is a C++ and C library that provides robust and full-featured Unicode
  support. The library provides calendar support, character set conversions,
  language-sensitive collation, date and time formatting, support for more
  than 140 locales, message catalogs and resources, message formatting,
  normalization, number and currency formatting, time zones support,
  transliteration, word, line and sentence breaking, etc....
 Source: icu

 Package: libicu-dev
 Version: 1.6-1
 Section: devel
  ICU is a C++ and C library that provides robust and full-featured Unicode
  support. This package contains the development files for ICU.
 Source: icu

(I am actually considering a finer splitting as soon as I can make it work,
with converters and locale data in separate packages.)

YA
--
My opinions do not necessarily reflect my company's.
The opposite is also true.