Unidentified subject!

Hi!

what i will do in that debian/rules file is:
leave the current version variables stay in place.
create a new make-target called version with version-stamp...
there I will fetch the upstream versions and compare them to the version
in debian/rules. if they are the same everything is fine, otherwise I will
write debian/rules anew with the corresponding variableline holding the
new upstream version with a 0 as a debian revision (? is that
correct, or should it be 1 then ?) the variable in the makefile will also
get reset to the new value of course :)

Is there something I missed about that thing, or is my description fairly
correct?

king regards,

Michael Moerz