Re: (Beware helix packages) Re: [CrackMonkey] The right to bare legs

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 04:05:08AM +0300, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> Donovan Baarda wrote:
> > Helix is too stable for unstable, and too unstable for stable.
> A sober observation. Helix packages are intended to be beta-test quality
> or perhaps near production quality releases. It would be best if debian users had
> access to it without having to go unstable.

This however isn't mutually exclusive with putting them in unstable.

If they're put in unstable, potato users can still be pointed at the
helixcode site without having to update to unstable.

Also, if they're put in unstable they'll automatically be added to
testing when it comes out, which will support all packages that are
"too stable for unstable and too unstable for stable" without requiring
some for-profit .com to take care of them explicitly.

Have the copyright problems with the Helix graphics been resolved yet?
It's been over a month now with no word...

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark