Re: OT Re: /bin/ksh as a default POSIX shell

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 03:34:39AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > gpg: CRC error; 72a653 - dc372a
> > gpg: quoted printable character in armor - probably a buggy MTA has been used
>
> This concerns me a lot more than the joke itself or what led up to it.
>
> Does anyone else have this problem with that mail?  You don't have to be
> able to decrypt the message to see if the ASCII armoring has been borked.

i had copied and pasted (gpm on console) the text into gpg and
recieved no error except that i lacked the necessary private key to
decrypt the message.

i have mutt set to autoverify signatures, it verified your signature
fine, and displayed the encrypted block as the message text (mutt
ignored it)

> If mutt is hosing up my mails I'm gonna be mondo pissed.  If my MTA
> (postfix) or murphy's MTA (still qmail?) is hosing up my mails I'm gonna be
> mondo pissed.

i am using mutt 1.0.1-9, postfix, fetchmail and procmail for the
entire mail setup.

> In fact, I'm gonna be mondo pissed no matter whose bug this is, let's try
> and track it down.  When I discovered that fetchmail was mangling GPG mails
> a year or so ago, I had a thrombosis about it.

maybe he was using one of those broken MUAs that don't understand
RFC 2015?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/