Re: X and runlevels

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 10:25:23AM +1200, Michael Beattie wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 05:05:09PM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> > > No, I can understand that. - that exact circumstance would occur in our
> > > University computer science lab. Regularly too, I might add.
> >
> > I take it this is LART-worthy incident, as I don't think I can
> > load my .xsession in under 6 seconds. Since *dm requires you get a
> > username and password (bwahaahaa!), use it.
>
> yeah, I'll LART you...
>
> lab == lots of people == lots of NCD xterms == lots of quick logins to the
> DEC Unix server at the beginning of a lab... sheesh

Quick logins don't trigger the termination of the server.

It's a login, followed by an immediate logout, followed by an immedate
login, repeat 4 times, that causes it.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   You don't just decide to break Kubrick's
Debian GNU/Linux                |   code of silence and then get drawn away