Re: X and runlevels

On Mon, 04 Sep 2000, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 10:32:07AM +0200, Per Lundberg wrote:
> > How come Debian don't have a "non-X" runlevel, like some other
> > distributions, in the default configuration? I think this would be
> > pretty convenient.
>
> Because no one has ever bothered to write a runlevel policy.

Well, we might end up inheriting the one from LSB if Debian decides to try
to follow as much as possible of it, but it's not like we need to get
concerned with implementing it yet. What we must ensure is that Debian will
work right with whatever runlevel scheme the local administrator comes up
with and sets the system up with.

After this is done, implementing whatever runlevel policy we want is a
simple matter of a mass change of the update-rc.d invocations in a great
deal of packages ;-)

  Henrique Holschuh