Re: Qt going GPL ...

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Hugues Marilleau's letter:
> Who is going to ITP kde ?
>
> I'm dreaming about an "apt-get install kde" ...
>
> And what about Debian GNU/Hurd and Debian Win32 ? They are not Unix
> (Linux is ?) and only Qt/Unix is GPL ? I think this is a good reason
> to *not* include KDE in Debian.

absolutely *not*. we discriminate on LICENSES not on our personal
taste. if Qt/UNIX is GPL you can always fork and port it to, e.g., Win,
HURD and other unices. debian is *full* of free software not (yet)
ported to other systems.

ciao,
federico

--