Re: Free Pine?

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 10:55:26PM -0600, Richard Stallman wrote:
> I don't either--but that is not the point. The point is that the U of
> W has actually threatened to sue the FSF for distributing a modified
> version of a program that was released under the same words.

Personally, I'm still in the process of confirming this.

> To treat a program released under those words by U of W as free software
> is being oblivious to the problem.

Which would be bad.

And, in the long run, we might adopt your solution.  After all, it might
be the best one.

Then again, we might find a solution we feel is better.

At the moment, at least, there doesn't seem to be any reason to panic.

--
Raul