Re: Help on Debian Project - Need Me?

Today, Jacob Kuntz <jpk@cape.com> wrote:
> does mozilla support SMILE? that's "syncronized multimedia event language",
> a W3 consortium stanard that tries to do much of what flash is capable of.

IIRC, only these programs officially support SMIL at the moment
(http://www.w3c.org/AudioVideo/):

Apple QuickTime 4.1
Compaq HPAS
Helio Barbizon
Microsoft Player Internet Explorer 5.5 Preview (supports selected
    modules of SMIL Boston draft)
NIST S2M2 Player
Oratrix Grins
Productivity Works L p player
RealNetworks Realplayer 7

None of them look DFSG-Free to me. Nonetheless, SMIL _is_ a nice tool
to produce something multimedia-ish. Hopefully, somebody writes a
DFSG-Free player in the near future -- but it won't be me, I don't
need it (-:

> not that the debian site NEEDS flash, but that's another debate.

ACK.

regards,
--
Andreas Stefan Fuchs                             in Real Life aka
asf@acm.org, asfuchs@gmx.at, asf@ycom.at         in NNTP and SMTP,