Re: Security of Debian SuX0r?

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 10:07:04AM +1100, Herbert Xu wrote:
> > want. Shall we make something like 700 default? It would break some
> > things like "UserDir public_html" in Apache, etc. In my school server
>
> You could make it 711.

751 seems more reasonable IMO.

"What is striking, however, is the general layout and integration of the
system.  Debian is a truly elegant Linux distribution; great care has
been taken in the preparation of packages and their placement within the
system.  The sheer number of packages available is also impressive...."