Re: Security of Debian SuX0r?

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 02:57:20PM +0300, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:
> Kurt Seifried

While we are at it. Kurt critizes that adduser creates home
directories readable for all users by default. The woody version has
an option in /etc/adduser.conf to change it to any value you
want. Shall we make something like 700 default? It would break some
things like "UserDir public_html" in Apache, etc. In my school server
I put all public stuff on some other location and create symlinks in
the home-directories and use "UserDir /foo/bar/*/public_html" which
works absolutely perfect. Any comments?

Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org>