Re: gpm and X problem investigated

> We discussed this previously (I think on debian-testing). The odd thing
> with
> the configuration is, that the user has to specify twice the mouse type
> (during gpm and during X setup). Even worse, if the user decides to use
> a PS/2
> instead of a serial mouse, he has to change it at several places. Thus
> to me
> it seemed to be a good idea to configure the real mouse at gpm setup and
> reuse
> the settings within X by this repeat feature.
>
> The middle mouse button works flawless, if you select the Intellimouse
> protocol:
>
> Section "Pointer"
>     Protocol    "IntelliMouse"
>     Device      "/dev/gpmdata"

Curiously, everything was working for me just fine until my latest (woody)
upgrade today.  This was both on my homebrew box and my ThinkPad 560, both with
ps2.

I solved it by manually editing both the gpm.conf and XF86Config files.  Could
be kind of a pain for the less experienced..........

Matthew Thompson       https://mattyt.net/webmail
mattyt@oz.net          http://www.oz.net/~mattyt
"Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow."
--Oscar Wilde