Re: OT: /etc/init.d/networking & firewall

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 10:58:10PM -0700, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> > and of course you have to cut&paste on every /etc/init.d/networking update.
>
> Of course not, /etc/init.d/networking doesn't touch my firewall
> settings, they are setup long before any networking setup is done.
>
> Wichert.

I assume this means before rcS.d/S40*.  How early can you
reasonably/safely start your firewall?  Somewhere after S10checkroot.sh
seems sure.  I have iptables scripts slotted at S38.  I can't see that
starting any earlier buys any additional security since networking's
not up yet.  Am I missing anything?

--
Steve Bowman  <sbowman@frostwork.net> (preferred)
Buckeye, AZ   <sbowman@goodnet.com> <bowmanc@acm.org>