Re: isdnutils dilemma

Paul Slootman <paul@debian.org> writes:

> I'm in the process for building the latest version of the isdnutils,
> with the latest upstream sources. However, I've run into a glitch,
> licence-wise.  The isdnlog people have decided to use CDB instead
> of DBM for the areacode etc.  The problem is that CDB is written by
> D.J. Bernstein (of qmail fame), and the licence of CDB is vague at
> best.

Maybe you could use freecdb instead?

Package: freecdb
 freecdb is a small, fast and reliable utility set and subroutine
 library for creating and reading constant databases. The database
 structure is tuned for fast reading:
 .
  - Successful lookups take normally just two disk accesses.
  - Unsuccessful lookups take only one disk access.
  - Small disk space and memory size requirements; a database
    uses 2048 bytes for the header and 24 bytes per record.
  - Maximum database size is 4GB; individual record size is not
    otherwise limited.
  - Portable file format.
  - Fast creation of new databases.
  - No locking, updates are atomical.
 .
 This package contains both the utilities and the development
 files.

	- Ruud de Rooij.
--
ruud de rooij | *@spam.ruud.org | http://ruud.org