More debconf questions

1. Is it acceptable for the config script to read the current settings
from the configuration file (if possible) and reset the values in
the debconf database? (Thus, if the user edits the file directly,
dpkg-reconfigure could still work.)

2. Is it acceptable for the config script to behave differently for a
reconfigure, perhaps by displaying a message such as "Reconfiguration via
debconf is not supported by _package_".

3. Is it acceptable for the config script to rm the existing
configuration file when called with "reconfigure", based on the
assumption that the admin wouldn't have run dpkg-reconfigure unless hie
wanted to change the values (in this case, the config file can and does
contain *only* information that can be obtained via debconf). (Okay,
yes, it would have to deal with the "cancel" case, so instead of rm,
let's say mv.)

4. Should I just stop worrying about this and get on with my life?

Still struggling with the most useful design,
Steve