Re: StarOffice source to be GPL'ed

On Sat, Aug 05, 2000 at 02:25:22PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Aug 2000, Joseph Carter wrote:
> > > If noone with a better qualification (Martin?) wants to package
> > > StarOffice, I will send an ITP.
> >
> > I considered this as well, but can't do anything with it (obviously) until
> > after I've moved.  Of course, there isn't anything to do until this fall,
> > but hey.
>
> If you want to package it I won't be against it. You are someone "with a
> better qualification".

I think it will be a rather large package(s) - the current binary is
97 MB as released by Sun.

[Slightly OT]

In addition, I think it would be good to open up a new section, say
"office" to stick these kind of apps in. We already have Abiword in
editors and siagoffice in misc (?!), both of which could join
Staroffice in the office section. I also wonder what happened to the
"science" section that was discussed a while ago. Some of my packages
and others I intend to ITP sometime later really ought to go in the
science section.

Gopal

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>