Re: In as little as just 2 floppies, you too can have a potato....

In Fri, 4 Aug 2000 21:53:01 +1000 Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> cum veritate scripsit :

> > How do you do it in two floppies? Last time I tried it forced me to use
> > three.
> Three? I had to use five since the drivers spanned three disks.  Although
> two is technically correct as you can just overwrite one of them if you
> don't need it :)

You could probably do it with one ... boot with resue.bin floppy, and while
it waits for the second disc, dd the root.bin to the floppy, and
re-insert ? (no, I haven't tested this).

I did try an install with two. I didn't have 3 lying around ;)

regards,
	junichi

--
University: ti0113@mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer@netfort.gr.jp