Re: Certification of Hardware for Debian on a big scale

Andreas Schuldei <schuldei@uni-bremen.de> writes:

Blatant plug for Linuxcare follows:

> A huge german and internationonal company would like to use Debian
> as its Operating system of choice. Their only problem is that no big
> Company is selling Hardware which is certified for Debian.

Linuxcare will certify hardware to their heart's content:

http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/index.epl

> Thats why I asked some people i know working for major
> computervendors about certification of Hardware for Debian.

Doesn't VA sell hardware that they say works with Debian, in any case?

Feel free to contact me if you want more information about Linuxcare.
Sorry for "the commercial nature of this message", but I am proud of
the fact that we *do* support Debian.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton, Responsabile Progetti Open Source, Linuxcare Italia spa
tel +39.049.8043411 fax +39.049.8043412 cel +39.348.2879508