console-tools vs kbd

Hi there,

I'm using a non-standard keyboard that sends odd scancodes.  I wrote a startup script that does a whole heap of "setkeycodes" commands, but I've found that the version of "setkeycodes" in the console-tools package does not work with kernel version 2.2+.  The one with the "kbd" package works fine, but "kbd" seems to be a somewhat deprecated package.

I found a bug relating to this; entitled "console-tools: setkeycode does not use right IOCTL", which could be it:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=53977&repeatmerged=yes

And one entitled "setkeycodes completely broken";

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=71768&repeatmerged=yes

Is there any news on a fix?

Happy New Year,
--