Re: ITP: water -- A graphical water effect demo.

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
>On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 02:38:15PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
>> [The suggested alternative `sdlwater' is completely wrong, since it
>>  simply adds an arbitrary implementation detail to the name -- something
>
>OK, so call it water-demo or waterdemo or something along those lines.
>I looked through the output of 'dpkg -l' on one of my systems and
>saw very few packages with plain English names.

For what it's worth, about 6% of the current distribution (355 packages)
match entries in /usr/share/dict/words:

abacus abuse ae aegis aide aleph alien ami ammonite amor amphetamine an
anarchism andrew ant apache apt aptitude archie arena ark arrow artist
ascii ash asp at august ava axe ...

(OK, so 'ascii' is a bit dubious.)