Re: libapache-mod-perl does not activate the module

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 04:02:16AM +0100, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> Hello,
>
> depending on libapache-mod-perl is not enough for my new package slash to be
> runable on a Debian box, sinde libapache-mod-perl does not
> reconfigure/activate the mod_perl Module in postinst.
>
> Am I allowed to check for the comemnted mod_perl line in apache's config and
> offer the option to activate it in my postist script (or call the
> apacheconfig script, but i am not sure if that will help), or should i file
> a wishlist bug agaianst libapache-mod-perl, requiring it to automatically
> add it to the list of loaded modules (like some others, like php are doing).

I'd rather you file bugs on the other packages which call apacheconfig
interactively in postinst - I'm thinking of adding a 'just add this
module, commented out, changing nothing else' option to apacheconfig.
Either that or giving in and applying debconf to such a silly little
problem.

I really strongly disapprove of running apacheconfig; it can have
startling changes on the behavior of an already configured server.

See http://bugs.debian.org/79460 for more of my thoughts on this
subject.

Dan