Re: How to update packages?

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:

> Hi Olaf!
>
> You wrote:
>
> > I have made a couple of packages for potato and would like
> > to update them to the latest upstream-version? What is the
> > easiest way to update the source-package?
>
> Use uupdate. This is descriped in the new-maintainers guide i think.

I'ld propose using cvs. Manoj and Joey wrote a nice HOWTO a few
years back: <URL:http://www.debian.org/devel/cvs_packages>

A nice and comprehensive guide to CVS is the cvsbook. Debian
package cvsbook by JoeyH.

HTH

> BTW: this is a question for debian-mentors.
X-post & fup

					yours,
					peter

--
PGP signed and encrypted messages preferred.
http://www.palfrader.org/