Re: ITO: zope-popyda, python-popy

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Wichert Akkerman's letter:
> Previously Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> > 	after being asked so by the upstream author i declare my intention
> > to orphan (from now) the following packages:
>
> Why does upstream want you to orphan them?

he developed popy and zpopyda while working for my company. he didn't leave
in very good terms. some week ago he deleted the sources from our cvs and
then told me he wanted to move to sourceforge. we said yes and gave him the
copyright over the parts written by us because we didn't want to go against
him.

i think he asked me to orphan his programs because he thinks i am a little
bit behind the upstream releases not because i have a lot of work but
because i want to damage him (by giving him bad reputation not releasing
.debs...) he also told me that some french debian developers were very
displeased with me (he didn't give any name.)

i think it is much better for me just to orphan the packages as he asked.
we (as a company) already have enough problems with him and i din't wanted
to add debian to out arguments.

ciao,
federico

--