Re: Need to clone machines efficiently - help?

On Mon, Dec 25, 2000 at 12:15:50AM -0800, Erik Winn wrote:
>  Here is the first obstacle - not really a big one, but I spent all day
> digging around and couldn't really find any tools for this one: we want to be
> able to clone the machines easily over the local net.
> boot floppy that asks only for the eth0 config and t

While I was at VA, I worked with SystemImager, which is available at
http://systemimager.org. It might be what you're looking for. It
requires the hardware to be basically identical across machines. Once
you set up the server, which is a significant task, cloning the master
client onto the other clients is a cinch, involving putting the
automatically-generated floppy disk into the disk drive and turning on
the computer.

I wrote a setup guide for SystemImager a few months ago.
Unfortunately, I seem to have lost it :-(.