Re: What do you wish for in an package manager?

"Dwayne C . Litzenberger" <dlitz@dlitz.net> writes:

> So my question is: What do you wish for in a package manager?

I agree with Ethan. Start explaining why you want to reinvent the
wheel then we maybe has some ideas for things to do when you
reinventing for other reasons.

The only feature I've ever tried designing a solution for (and mostly
because on some interesting technical problems) is delta/diff packages
where you only downloads the changes if that would take lesser time
(by some measure).