Re: NSA's Secure Linux Distribution

from the secret journal of Britton (fsblk@aurora.uaf.edu):

> Pardon my paranoia, but even if it was worth making all the changes they
> are talking about (which are pretty extensive), I'd want to see anything
> coming from the NSA audited carefully before being included.
>
> Britton Kerin

you're pardoned. i'm sure we're all a little wary of No Such Agency right
now, with carnivore and all.

but what fact are these fears based in? would the nsa really plop a backdoor
in an opensource project, hoping it missed and accepted with the rest of the
code? i doubt it. their whole (advertised) motive was to protect against the
possibility of Trusted (AIX|Solaris|PalmOS|whatever closed os) going belly
up.

of course i plan on running this monster on a throwaway machine before i
make form any real opinions.

--
jacob kuntz
jpk@cape.com