Re: web2ldap -- cgi and standalone web server that allows browsing and editing LDAP

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 09:59:36AM -0600, Eric Sherrill wrote:

> Clause 5. fails DFSG 5. (discrimination against persons), clause 8. is a
> noxious termination clause (but not specifically DFSG-unfree, see e.g.
> Apple's "open" license), and clause 9. is an even more noxious choice of law
> clause (Virginia == UCITA == blech).  I'd recommend somebody undertake a
> "clean-room" rewrite of the parser module & license it with GPL or LGPL just
> to be safe.

There is at least one free ASN.1 parser in Debian, though it's written in Perl.
A Perl->Python translation (I seem to recall web2ldap being written in Python)
wouldn't be too difficult if Python doesn't already have a free one.

--
 - mdz